The two primary functions of sway bars are to control body roll and to determine the understeer or oversteer behavior of a vehicle. Stock sway bars have low torsional spring rates because they are manufactured from small diameter bar stock or tubing. BMR Suspension’s SB012 front sway bar was designed by factoring in the vehicle weight, application, motion ratio, coil spring rate, and adjustability requirements. Manufactured from heavy-wall 29mm DOM tubing, the SB012 is cold formed to better resist torsional fatigue and retain its “memory” far longer than the hot-formed bars used by many competitors. The sway bar is CNC-formed for exact manufacturing tolerances and repeatable high quality. The sway bar mounts to the car using polyurethane bushings. These bushings are molded from 88-durometer, low-deflection, polyurethane, and are internally fluted to keeps grease in the bushing. The steel sway bar mounting brackets are reinforced to minimize deflection. The sway bar is 2-way adjustable to tune the amount of torsional spring rate and to determine the handling characteristics (understeer/oversteer) of the vehicle.
BMR Front Adj. Sway Bar Kit w/ Bushings – Red
- Designed for street performance, autocross, and road race applications
- Dramatically reduces body roll
- 87%-137% increase in sway bar rate
- Cold formed to better resist torsional fatigue
- Manufactured from 29mm heavy-wall DOM tubing for increased strength
- Two-way adjustable for street and track use
- Adjustability allows for fine-tuning of suspension
- 88-durometer, greasable polyurethane bushings
- Zinc-plated inner sleeves
- Durable powdercoat finish
- Proudly designed in the U.S.A.
- Proudly made in the U.S.A.
SKU: SB012R Categories: Front Suspension Components, Front Suspension Components, Suspension, Suspension, 14-17 Chevy SS Sedan, 08-09 Pontiac G8 Tags: BMR, suspension, sway bar