MORIMOTO LED 2Stroke 3.0 Low Beam
MORIMOTO is the rated #1 in the industry of aftermarket vehicle lighting. Their kits outshine, out-perform and outlast the competition.
- LED CHIPS: Osram Oslon Black Flat S (KW HKL531.TE)
- KELVIN: 5500K
- PEAK LUMENS: 2600lm
- LED BULBS: 2x H11 Morimoto 2Stroke 3.0
- WIRING: H11 Plug n Play Input Adapters
- 100mm Rubber Done Dust Cap Adapters
- Additional information
- BENCHMARK: Over the course of the last year, Morimoto was hard at work developing a new kind of LED bulb. It re-creates the original beam pattern from your optics effectively by doing more with less. They will put more light on the road for you as the driver, while creating less glare for oncoming traffic compared to any other LED bulb on the market today. While LED bulbs still aren’t DOT approved for use in headlights in the states…. foreign markets and fog light users can enjoy the best plug n play LED bulb to date. The 2Stroke 3.0. (Patents Pending)SUPERIOR BEAM QUALITY: The advanced PCB technology at the core of the 2Stroke 3.0 sets a new industry benchmark emission surface interval of just 2mm total. The PCB core itself is just 1.0mm thick. The dielectric layer: 300um. The circuit pattern: 140um, and the Osram Oslon HKL351.TE LED chips: just .43mm each. Paired with the 1.03 x 4.33mm light-emitting surface area of the LEDs: this adds up to a total cubic volume of 4.46mm. At the end of the day, no LED bulb in the world more closely simulates the filament size of an incandescent bulb more accurately than the Morimoto 2Stroke 3.0–and for those in the know, this is critical when it comes to proper beam distribution.H11 TENSION SPRING: The H11/H9 version of the 2Stroke 3.0 has a particularly special bulb base that’s spec’d with an OE-standard tension spring. This pushes the entire bulb base downward with 5nm of force, resulting in a bulb that’s been properly seated according to the needs of optics. The tooling required to produce these parts alone was extremely expensive. You’ll be hard pressed to find another brand who cares enough to make that kind of investment on this often-overlooked feature.OPTIMIZED FOCAL LENGTH: Each size in the 2Stroke 3.0 lineup has been painstakingly optimized for proper output in its designated application. The critical reference distance has been calculated based on the geometry of the bulb base and the footprint of the Osram HKL emitter. To ensure consistency, special tools were designed to quality-control the accuracy of each bulb as it comes off the production line. Most other LED fog light bulbs on the market use a ‘set it and forget it’ reference distance across all sizes in the series, which is not the case here.
360 DEGREES OF ROTATION: The 2Stroke 3.0 LED bulbs feature a fully adjustable base. In order to fully utilize the optical facets in any reflector or projector: The light emitting diodes must face the 3-o-clock and 9-o-clock positions. Since no single standard exists across different headlight and fog light assemblies, all bulbs in the 2Stroke 3.0 range are fully adjustable. A geared step rotational adjuster mechanism is installed for all bulbs which twist-to-lock, offering adjustability in 15-degree intervals. An omni-adjustable rotation mechanism is utilized on all bulbs that are press-fit or clip into the housing.
THERMAL MANAGEMENT: Once the bulb is installed, the high-speed fan contained within is completely sealed, making the 2Stroke 3.0 the first actively cooled LED bulb with a fan that’s not susceptible to outside elements. Their unique internal circulation cooling system uses a 12,000-rpm cyclone fan to suck cool air into the body of the bulb and blow warm air out, back into the housing. On the intake side, cold air is sucked in past the sidewall of the PCB to exchange heat and is blown out the opposite side of the bulb. This effectively cools the bulb while warming the ambient temperature inside of the housing, increasing resistance to snow/ice buildup on the lens during the winter months. The cooling system on the 2Stroke 3.0 not only does it’s job to protect the longevity of the bulb, but serves up a bad-weather benefit not found elsewhere.
DRL DRIVE: The LED Driver is configured to accept a wide range of input voltage, making them compatible with low voltage daytime running lights commonly found on modern vehicles. When the LED driver detects 6-9V of input: The system logic automatically switches to produce just 30% of the standard output. The low power drive rate of 250mA produces only 460lm per emitter and enables the 2Stroke 3.0 to produce a suitably low output volume as a daytime running light. In this mode, the cooling fan also shuts off to conserve power/lifespan. For vehicles with a PWM-based DRL signal, an inline PWM module that produces a clean DC6V will be required. The driver is completely potted, making it completely weather-proof. Note that the DRL-Drive function is only for use in non-US markets.
Stock Low Beam (H11 Bulb), Stock High Beam (H9 Bulb), Spyder (H7 Bulb), Spec-D (H1 Bulb)