Say goodbye to leaving the line sideways with UMI’s rear drag bar set-up. Our rear drag bar is designed to get your vehicle leaving the line straight, eliminate torque steer and drastically improve 60-foot times as well as consistency. Our rear drag bar is manufactured from 1.250″ solid 4140 Chrome Moly steel, heat treated and formed as one piece to insure maximum strength and performance. The included adjustable end links allow vehicle pre-load to be set for straight launches. Our end links feature heavy duty chrome moly rod ends which feature a hard chrome plating and a Teflon self lubricating race. The end links attach to the drag bar using 5/8” grade 8 bolts and lock nuts. The heavy duty rear drag bar attaches to the axle tubes using high strength 4140 chrome moly u-bolts, 3/16” thick fabricated mounts and Energy Suspension bushings. The fabricated bushing mounts feature CNC machined teeth to prevent sliding on the axle. Also Unlike our competitors design our sway bar mounts also feature gussets welded on each end to prevent the brackets from spreading while tightening.
Installation: This is kit is a bolt in design and bolts to existing factory mounting holes. Although the kit is 100% bolt in we recommend welding the brackets to the frame with the axle tubes being optional. This allows the user to install the product and drive it to a shop for the small amount of welding. Kit includes all hardware needed for this 2-hour installation.
- 1.250” solid 4140 chrome moly anti-roll bar
- Heavy duty 5/8” chrome moly spherical rod ends with Teflon race
- High strength 4140 chrome moly zinc-plated steel 7/16” u-bolts
- CNC machined sway bar mounts with grip teeth and gussets
- Hex billet aluminum adjuster
- Energy Suspension polyurethane bushings
- Durable long lasting powder coat
Axle Tube Diameters:
- Strange Engineering and Currie rear ends use 3” diameter axle tubes
- Moser Engineering 12-bolt rear ends use 3” diameter axle tubes
- Moser Engineering 9” rear ends manufactured after early 2002 use 3” axle tubes. Rear ends manufactured prior to early 2002 use 3.25” axle tubes. Please verify diameter before ordering.
- Other brand rear ends will vary, please check your axle tube diameter before ordering.