An affordable suspension upgrade is now available for your F-Body vehicle. This non-adjustable transmission mounted torque arm features all the same build specifications as our adjustable units for a fraction of the price. The factory torque arm bends, breaks and flexes under the smallest loads causing inconsistency and down time to the driver. This problem is a simple fix by adding a direct replacement torque arm from UMI Performance. This tubular torque arm bolts directly in place of the factory unit using existing mounting holes and requires no drilling or welding, it is a direct bolt-on. The torque arm is designed to eliminate wheel hop under hard acceleration and reduces 60-foot times instantly. This non-adjustable unit is preset at -2 degrees of pinion angle to insure best traction and performance from the vehicle, no adjustments need made, just bolt on and go!
Also included with this tubular set-up is a new low deflection Energy Suspension front bushing designed to replace the stock rubber bushing and bolts directly in the existing clamshell. Fits GM 10-Bolt rear-ends, Moser and Strange 12-Bolts as well as most 9″ housings. Please Note: The -2 degree setting is on a stock ride height vehicle.
Torque Arm Benefits:
– Eliminates wheel hop and solves traction problems
– Reduces front end nose dive during braking
– Solid construction prevents breakage and reduces down time
– Polyurethane bushing eliminates deflection
– Bolt-on design requires no welding or drilling!
– Constructed of 1.250″ x 0.120″ DOM Seamless Steel Tubing
– All Mounting plates are CNC Machined to insure hole to hole accuracy
– Rear Mounting Plates use 0.375″ Thick Mild Steel
– Complete arm Features MIG welding to insure strength
– Brilliant Durable Powder Coat
Note: 1982-1984 models require purchase of a 1985 or newer clamshell mount.
** Requires grinding on aftermarket 9″ housings
Rear Torque Arm Hardware Kit- We highly recommend purchasing a new hardware kit if running this torque arm on a stock rear, Strange or other similar rear-ends that use a straight through bolt design. OEM torque arm bolts will work however are slightly too short and may not fit correctly. If you are running a Moser Engineering 12-Bolt rear-end this kit is not needed, you must reuse hardware supplied by Moser Engineering, kit will work on Moser 9″.