Track abuse, street abuse, or just flat-out abuse, this torque arm is designed to handle it all! Eliminate unwanted traction problems by adding a UMI Performance tunnel brace mounted torque arm. This aftermarket torque arm replaces the flimsy factory torque arm while adding strength, rigidity and eliminating suspension flex. UMI’s torque arm design relocates the front torque arm mounting point off the transmission tail shaft protecting the transmission and preventing transmission damage. A shorter torque arm improves weight transfer on acceleration. General Motors tail shaft mounted design works great for a stock driven vehicle however it was not designed to take the abuse of a drag car. UMI’s tunnel mounted torque arm bolts to existing floor pan holes using 3/16” thick mild steel laser cut mounting plates and metric grade 10.9 hardware. The torque arm attaches to the supplied cross brace using polyurethane bushings on both the supplied cross brace and torque arm to help absorb noise. The torque arm rear mount is 3/8” thick CNC machined mounting plates and are appropriately drilled to fit the stock rear ends as well as aftermarket 12-Bolt’s, 9” Rear-end housings and Strange S60.
Torque Arm Benefits:
- Removes torque arm from transmission tail shaft protecting transmission
- Pivot brackets allow instant center adjustment.
- Eliminates wheel hop and solves traction problems.
- Reduces front end nose dive during braking.
- Allows for easy on the car pinion angle adjustments.
- Greaseable polyurethane bushings designed to keep road noise at a minimum.
- Bolt-on design requires no welding or drilling during installation.
- Fabricated from 1.250” x 0.120” DOM seamless steel tubing.
- Crossmember uses 0.120” x 2.000” rectangular tubing.
- TIG welded 4140 Chromoly tube adaptors, built in house.
- Pinion changes made using 4140 chromoly heat treated adjuster, built in house.
- CNC laser cut mounting plates to insure hole to hole accuracy
- Rear Mounting Plates machined from 3/8” thick mild steel for strength and designed to
fit stock rear end as well as 12- Bolt, S60 and 9” housings.
- Torque arm attaches to mount using solid ¾” rod eyes and grade 8 hardware
- Durable gloss powder coat finish.
Exhaust clearance: P/N 2203 is designed with a drop down front cross member and built in drive shaft loop to clear virtually all aftermarket header/y-pipe set-ups on the market. It will also clear most merge collectors such as QTP and TSP y-pipes. The built in drive shaft loop will not clear factory y-pipe and y-pipes that bolt to the factory manifolds on 1998-2002 models. P/N 2203 does reduce ground clearance, if vehicle has a tighter fitting y-pipe set up please see P/N 2201.
Chromoly material– Chromoly version uses 1.250″ x 0.095″ 4130 chromoly tubing and 100% TIG welded . This adds increased strength and reduces product weight, recommended for vehicles running 10.50’s and faster in the ¼ mile.
Rear torque arm hardware kit– We highly recommend purchasing a new hardware kit if running this torque arm on a factory rear-end, Strange or other similar rear-ends that use a straight through long bolt design. Factory torque arm bolts will work however are slightly too short and may not work correctly. For Moser Engineering 12-Bolt rear-end use P/N 2998, the Moser 12-Bolt uses four ½” bolts, P/N 2998 includes longer ½” bolts and spacers to reduce movement. P/N 2998 is for Moser 12-Bolt only, use P/N 3003 on Moser 9”.