Now includes double shear bracket for optional bolt-on drive shaft loop!
UMI’s tunnel mounted torque arm is a street/strip powerhouse that has been dropping 60 ft times for years. The P/N 2200 replaces the factory torque arm with a shorter, more rigid design that optimizes instant center, shortens response time, and helps improve launch. With the torque arm removed from the transmission, cracked tail housings are eliminated. The tunnel brace bolts directly to the existing floor pan and features poly bushings as well as a bracket system to accept the UMI 2204 drive shaft loop. The arm is adjustable to optimize pinion angle and also instant center location.
Features and Benefits:
- Protects transmission from damage by relocating torque arm to tunnel area.
- Reduces wheel hop and solves traction problems.
- Allows for easy on the car pinion angle and instant center adjustments.
- Greaseable polyurethane bushings designed to keep road noise to a minimum.
- Bolt-on design requires no welding or drilling during installation.
- Includes drive shaft loop mount for addition of optional drive shaft loop UMI P/N 2204
- Fabricated from 1-1/4” USA DOM seamless steel tubing.
- Crossmember uses heavy duty USA rectangular tubing.
- House made 4140 CrMo tube adapters and adjuster.
- Strong 3/8” thick mild steel rear mount designed to fit stock axle housing as well as Moser 12- Bolt, Moser 9” with bracket, Strange S60 and Quick Performance 9” with bracket.
- Durable UMI red or gloss black powder coat.
- 100% manufactured, tested and raced out of Philipsburg, PA-USA.
Exhaust Clearance, 1993-2002 Models- P/N 2200 is designed to clear with factory exhaust systems and vehicles running shorty headers and y-pipe that bolt into existing location of stock manifolds. It will also clear y-pipes that bolt to factory exhaust manifolds. This set-up may not clear lower hanging long tube headers. Torque arm will clear Kooks long tube headers with Kooks y-pipe. It will also clear similar tight fitting long tube header set ups. This set-up may not clear all lower hanging long tube headers. Please see installation photo with measurement showing proper exhaust clearance.
Rear torque arm hardware kit – UMI P/N 3003 is required on most axles. We highly recommend purchasing a new hardware kit as the factory torque arm bolts may be too short and may not capture enough threads. P/N 3003 fits factory, Strange and all others using a long straight through bolt design. For Moser Engineering 12-Bolt use P/N 2998. P/N 2998 includes longer hardware and spacers to reduce movement and prevents failure. Torque arms mounted to Moser 12-bolt and not using hardware kit P/N 2998 are not covered under warranty. Moser 9” uses P/N 3003.
CrMo upgrade – CrMo version uses USA 4130 CrMo tubing and is 100% TIG welded. This adds increased strength and reduces product weight. Recommended for vehicles running 10.50’s and faster in the ¼ mile.