VCM OTR Intake for Maggie Heartbeat (Speed Density Tune Only)
- 1 x Over-The-Radiator (OTR) Intake
- 1 x K&N air filter, part number KVE-400
- 1 x Extended PCV hose
- 2 x Upper radiator mounting brackets
- All necessary couplers, clamps, and hardware
- Please note that this intake cannot be used with a MAF due to lack of space. You MUST use a speed-density tune with this intake.
VCM’s over-the-radiator cold air intake kit offers huge horsepower gains by maximizing air flow with a straight ram-air design and massive K&N filter. Because air is pulled in over the radiator, it also feeds much cooler air into your engine than other intakes, resulting in even more horsepower gains. Molded from high-quality, OEM style molded plastic, VCM’s kits are some of the nicest on the market and are known for being mistaken as a factory part.
This over-the-radiator intake is designed with an offset throttle body inlet for use with the Magnuson Heartbeat supercharger. Please note that this intake cannot be used with a MAF due to lack of space. You MUST use a speed-density tune with this intake.
You can expect a gain of up to 20-30 HP with this intake over stock, and up to 45-55 HP with a good tune. Click here to see a dyno chart comparing the factory output to this intake with a tune on the Australian Holden VE (known as the Pontiac G8 in the USA).
This new updated design features a revised PCV line setup that locates the PCV line after the MAF and eliminates the possibility of a lean code being thrown. The new injection molded housing separates for easy filter cleaning or replacement and features an airtight seal to prevent air flow and debris from bypassing the filter.
This kit can be installed with simple hand tools in about 45 minutes. The radiator must be tilted back very slightly and upper radiator mounting brackets are included to achieve the required angle. The intake can be used with aftermarket MAFs and throttle bodies, but may require aftermarket silicone couplers. We sell couplers that allow this kit to work with Magnuson superchargers. The intake can also be used in a MAF-less setup using our adapter kit, sold separately.
* MAF-Less version includes couplers required to eliminate the factory MAF and requires a custom speed-density tune.
Features and Benefits
- Big horsepower gains over stock: 20-55 HP typical
- Improves throttle response
- Molded from OEM quality plastic for a factory look and feel
- Infill and side finishing panels sold separately
- Manufactured in Australia and imported by VCM USA, an Improved Racing subsidiary