UMI’s 4th Gen F-Body race coilover package is built to outperform. Developed in conjunction with Strano Performance Parts/Sam Strano, double digit national SCCA auto-x champion, these Afco built monotube dampers provide race winning road race and auto-x performance. The package includes rebound adjustable dampers with a race oriented fixed compression valve code. The 40-position digressive rebound curve is designed for competition body and weight transfer control. Spring rates are 850 lb/in front and 275 lb/in rear. These rates and damping curves in conjunction with available 35mm/22mm sway bars provide race winning performance for road race and auto-x as well as an acceptable street ride. UMI’s aluminum body shocks and steel coilover brackets are race-proven under punishing conditions. Ride height adjustment range is stock to 2-1/2” lowering. Every part of this competition proven package is 100% Made In USA.
UMI’s complete system includes: 4 coilover shocks, 4 springs with proper spring rate, fabricated bolt in mounting brackets and hardware, thrust bearings for each shock and a spanner wrench for height adjustments.
- Valve in conjunction with SCCA Champion Sam Strano.
- Road race and auto-x tested.
- UMI bolt in double shear brackets on all four corners – competition proven.
- Front upper fabricated shock mount removes rust-prone GM rubber shock mount.
- Front shocks assembled with progressive rate bump stops.
- Double bearing shocks for crisp response, zero deflection and high reliability.
- Afco aluminum body shocks built in Indiana USA.
- Rebound adjustable (digressive) monotube with Strano tuned valving.
- 150 psi monotube provides quick reaction and fade-free performance.
- Medium-firm fixed compression.
- 850 lb/in front and 275 lb/in rear standard.
- Balanced for use with UMI or Strano 35mm/22mm sway bars.
- Ride height from stock to 2-1/2” lowering.
- 100% Made In USA
Rear Bump Stops: We highly recommend running factory rear rubber bump stops in conjunction with the rear coilover kit. If the factory rubber bump stops are damaged or missing replacement part number 2056 is recommended. We do not recommend using polyurethane bump stops.